A. Property Administration
- The preparation of an annual estimate of expenditure, trustee/director’s report and any other documents required for the Annual General Meeting.
- Any recommendations of Trustees/Directors will be taken into account and we will at all times endeavour to keep the monthly levies as realistic as possible.
- In addition, we will prepare annually the schedule of replacement values and will also attend to proxies, nominations, agendas, etc.
- The conduct of intense research to establish various ways to reduce the expenditure of the Body Corporate and periodic reviews of the budget.
- The revision of the insurance coverage of the Body Corporate and arrangement of valuations where required. We undertake to obtain competitive quotations in the marketplace to ensure the most economical premium.
- The necessary comprehensive insurance includes political riot insurance and fidelity guarantee insurance.
- We also handle all insurance claims on behalf of the Body Corporate
- Operation of a current and/or savings account with a registered bank, including an investment account on behalf of the Body Corporate
- Any excess of funds after will be invested at the highest possible interest rate.
- Advising on all aspects of the management and control of the Body Corporate as required. Assisting and advising the Board of Trustees/Directors on the enforcement of the Rules adopted by the Body Corporate, as well as the Conduct Rules as referred to in the Sectional Titles Act, following specific instructions from the Body Corporate.
- In the event of the building being overseen by a Caretaker, he can be assured of complete support from us as the Managing Agent.
- Negotiating on behalf of the Board of Trustees/Directors with professional persons, firms or other organizations for the preparing of specifications and quotations for maintenance and improvements to be done to the communal property.
- Advice on the application of the Sectional Titles Act (Act 95 of 1986).
- Informing all owners, where necessary, of all decisions affecting them as made by the Trustees/Directors
- Being available to attend to emergencies on site.
- Daily liaising with the security company.
- Use of managing agents vehicle for any supplies the caretaker needs to ensure efficient daily operations.
- HR and staff management. including dealing with legal and CCMA issues, annual wage negotiations, leave and SACCAWU providend fund.
- Daily management of the maintenance, cleaning and gardening team.
- Paying of suppliers.
- The monthly preparation and sending out of invoices
- The monthly collection of levies. ,
- The levies are payable strictly in advance on or before the 1st day of each calendar month.
- Should any owner neglect to pay the levy, the necessary legal action will be taken with the consent of the Trustees/Directors
- Preparation of monthly arrear reports and submission if required, to the Trustees/Directors
- Verification and payment from available funds of all accounts such as water and electricity, cleaning materials, insurance premiums, ordinary maintenance, etc.
- Budget control of expenses.
- Payment of salaries, wages, unemployment insurance fund contributions, income tax, workmen’s compensation premiums and regional services council levies, on the dates and in the manner determined by the Managing Agent.
- The maintenance of the Body Corporate’s ledgers of account.
- Arranging the annual audit with the external auditor of the Body Corporate and, on completion, submission of the audited statements to the members of the Body Corporate.
- The preparation of Agendas and the forwarding of notices for the meeting of the Trustees/Directors and Annual General Meetings.
- Attendance of quarterly meetings of the Trustees/Directors and Annual General Meetings or as per written agreement.
- The entering, preparation and submission of the minutes of meetings. The maintaining of a minute record in conforming with the Sectional Titles Act. Keeping of attendance registers, the register of sectional bondholders, Rules, insurance policies, and all other permanent records of the Body Corporate.
- Attending to the requirements of the Receiver of Revenue.
- Assisting with levy clearance certificates and liaising with conveyancers.
- Liaising with meter readers and queries.